There are a few simple rules to follow when washing your car.
- Use a specialist car cleaner, not washing up liquid as it can harm paintwork.
- Wash the car on a dull day if possible as bright sunlight dries water quickly, giving an uneven finish.
- Let your car cool down if you've been driving it as cold water on hot paint can damage the finish.
- Remove any dirt with cold water and a sponge. Scrub the wheels. Clean out the bucket then wash it with cold water and the recommended amount of car cleaner.
- Clean the car with a soft, clean sponge, rinse with cold water and dry it off using chamois leather for a shiny, streak-free finish.